- This event has passed.
March 11 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pmFree
Mountains And Waters Farm
16922 Cabot Ave
Work day Saturday March 11, 10-4
Please come to the farm March 11 and help us with maple syrup and other spring projects.
We always have a good time at these workdays. Here’s the plan:
We’re going to tap some additional trees. Then we gather buckets of sap from the trees already tapped, bring them to the outdoor fire, and cook the sap down to syrup. Some people will haul sap, others will watch the fire. We’ll break for lunch and snacks as needed.
- Learn about processing maple syrup. Or other projects including firewood and such. Play with fire? Take home a tiny jar of syrup?
- Optional zazen instruction at 4 pm. Also optional walk by the creek, before or after the work day.
- Help Shodo create a place of spiritual practice and harmony with the land.
- Don’t use the registration form, just email me. Tell me what hours you plan to come. I’ll send directions to everyone who contacts.
- Wear sturdy shoes. I provide work gloves or bring your own. Dress in layers, high will probably be about 40 but we actually don’t know.
- If you want to come early and help prep, or bring food, let me know.