- This event has passed.
November 30, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - December 5, 2019 @ 3:00 pm
16922 Cabot Avenue
Simplified Zen Meditation Retreat (Rohatsu)
SESSHIN: SIMPLIFIED ZEN MEDITATION RETREAT
Saturday November 30, 7 pm – Thursday December 5, 3 pm, 2019
In sesshin, we let in the support of the whole universe. This can feel profound or ordinary; it is actually extraordinary.
- Sitting and walking meditation for 12 hours a day in silence, indoors or outdoors. Cooking and other tasks will be shared on a volunteer basis; meals are included.
- Friday evening orientation includes instruction in zazen and optional outdoor meditation.
- Private interviews are available immediately after the sesshin.
- Partial participation is possible, but please attend the Friday orientation session.
- Simple sleeping accommodations are offered; commuting is possible but discouraged.
I’m very sad to say that this year the sesshin is only 5 days long, because of an unavoidable work commitment. Hopefully future years will return to 7 days.
- Advance registration is required, one week in advance. Retreats are held at a private home on a 17-acre farm, an hour south of Minneapolis, on the Cannon River. You can register for all or part; please be clear which days you will come.
- Retreat leader is Shodo Spring, dharma heir of Shohaku Okumura, founder of Mountains and Waters Alliance (MountainsandWatersAlliance.org)
- Fees are minimal; donations support the teacher in the ancient tradition called dana.
- Feel free to ask questions. email@example.com. Driving directions and other information are at this page: Visitor information and there will be emails for any needed additional information. If you haven’t done this kind of sesshin before, we’ll want to talk by phone before you register.