April 30 @ 7:00 pm - May 4 @ 3:00 pm
Mountains and Waters
16922 Cabot Avenue
5-Day Sesshin at the Farm – April 30th – May 4th – status uncertain
Tentatively canceled – to stay posted, register but don’t pay
5-Day Sesshin at the Farm – April 30th – May 4th
April 30th, 7pm – May 4th, 3pm
In sesshin, we let in the support of the whole universe. This can feel profound or ordinary; it is actually extraordinary.
- Sitting and walking meditation for 12 hours a day in silence, indoors or outdoors. Cooking and other tasks will be shared on a volunteer basis. Meals are included.
- First night orientation includes instruction in zazen and optional outdoor meditation.
- Private interviews are available immediately after the sesshin.
- Partial participation can be arranged
- Simple sleeping accommodations are offered; commuting is possible but discouraged.
- Advance registration is required, one week in advance. Retreats are held at a private home on a 17-acre farm, an hour south of Minneapolis, on the Cannon River.
- Leader is Shodo Spring, dharma heir of Shohaku Okumura, founder of Mountains and Waters Alliance (MountainsandWatersAlliance.org)
- Fees are minimal; donations support the teacher in the ancient tradition called dana.
- Feel free to ask questions. Driving directions and other information will be sent. Please ask if you would like to arrive early or stay late.
- If you have not been here before, or if you have never sat sesshin before, please contact Shodo before registering.