- This event has passed.
November 30, 2018 @ 7:00 pm - December 8, 2018 @ 12:00 pm
16922 Cabot Avenue
Sesshin: Simplified Zen Meditation Retreat (Rohatsu)
SESSHIN: SIMPLIFIED ZEN MEDITATION RETREAT
Friday November 30, 7 pm – Saturday December 8, noon, 2018
In sesshin, we let in the support of the whole universe. This can feel profound or ordinary; it is actually extraordinary.
- Sitting and walking meditation for 12 hours a day in silence, indoors or outdoors. Cooking and other tasks will be shared on a volunteer basis; meals are included.
- Friday evening orientation includes instruction in zazen and optional outdoor meditation.
- Private interviews are available immediately after the sesshin.
- Partial participation is possible, but please attend the Friday orientation session.
- Simple sleeping accommodations are offered; commuting is possible but discouraged.
- Advance registration is required, one week in advance. Retreats are held at a private home on a 17-acre farm, an hour south of Minneapolis, on the Cannon River.
- Retreat leader is Shodo Spring, dharma heir of Shohaku Okumura, founder of Mountains and Waters Alliance (MountainsandWatersAlliance.org)
- Fees are minimal; donations support the teacher in the ancient tradition called dana.
- Feel free to ask questions. firstname.lastname@example.org. Driving directions and other information will be sent.