October 26 - October 28
16922 Cabot Avenue
Land Care Retreat
Land Care Retreat 26-28 October, 2018
SPIRITUAL PRACTICE WITH THE NATURAL WORLD
Spiritual practice carries us into life, not away from it. This weekend offers an entry to the style of practice here – engaging with the natural world, offering our physical care to the land and gardens here, supported by sitting meditation, outdoor meditation, teaching, and discussion.
Friday evening: orientation, sharing circle, sitting meditation
Mornings: sitting and walking meditation, Dharma talk and conversation, breakfast and lunch
Afternoons: work guided by requests of the land; sharing circle
Evenings: supper, quiet time or meditation
- sitting and walking meditation (indoors and outdoors), periods of silence
- teachings on meditation, nature meditation, and working with beings of nature
- intimate meeting with beings of earth and water, through gardening and land care
- meals, camping/simple lodging/commuting, community discussions, private interviews
NEXT NATURE RETREATS: May 24-26 and September 27-29, 2019
Deposit: $20/day. Suggested donation: $40/day ($100 total) includes donation for teacher.
Host/guide: Shodo Spring, Zen teacher, founder of Mountains and Waters Alliance.
Limited to 10 participants. Please register by October 19th.
Location: about an hour south of Minneapolis, in a beautiful natural setting of meadows, bluffs, and woods, by the Cannon River.
Details: 7 pm Friday through noon Sunday; simple accommodations or primitive tenting; shared community work. 3 meals per day; most diets can be accommodated. Scent-free, smoke-free.
Priority is given to those who can commit for the whole weekend in residence. Register by contacting email@example.com, or 507-384-8541. Advance deposit is required.
Please ask: work exchange scholarships, partial attendance, late registration, disability accommodations.
- Advance registration is required, one week in advance. Retreats are held at a private home on a 17-acre farm, an hour south of Minneapolis, on the Cannon River.
- Retreat leader is Shodo Spring, dharma heir of Shohaku Okumura, founder of Mountains and Waters Alliance (MountainsandWatersAlliance.org)
- Fees are minimal; donations support the teacher in the ancient tradition called dana.
- Feel free to ask questions. firstname.lastname@example.org. Driving directions and other information will be sent.